The Bere Alston Trekkers (BATs) Grand Prix is set up to encourage members to participate in more races thus improving their overall standard. The Grand Prix is purely for fun and there is no pressure on any members to take place.
Please let our Grand Prix superstar Pam know what you are taking part in: email@example.com
Click for: GrandPrix2017 Jun17 iss2
1) The Grand Prix series is open to all runners who are fully paid up members of the Bere Alston Trekkers
2) To qualify for an award runners must compete in the minimum numbers of races determined for a specific trophy.
3) All runners must notify Pam Adams if they are entering a race in the series.
4) Grand Prix runners must wear the club vest.
5) All races must be completed to qualify. All runners who enter a Grand Prix race do so at their own risk.
6) All races (except for the “wildcard” note 7 and 5K combination see note 8 below) MUST be from the Grand Prix list, which is made up of over 40 races!!
7) For Silver, Gold and Platinum awards an EA / ARC recoginsed / registered event of 10K or more not on the Grandprix list can be included as a “wildcard”.
8) A combination of any three 5k events from a list to comprise any ParkRun (http://www.parkrun.org.uk/), BATs 5k end of month time trial, TAC’s monthly 5KooLRuN and Armada Athletics 5k Summer Series can be counted as a single GrandPrix event.
9) Awards will be presented as follows:
Bronze – 4 races including one event of 10K distance or further
Silver – 8 races including one event of 10K distance or further
Gold – 12 races including one event of half-marathon distance or further
Platinum – 16 races including one event of marathon distance or further